Posted on 04 July 2020
Sunflower oil, or helianthus annuus as seen on labels, is pressed from the seeds of the sunflower plant and is a light and gentle oil.
It is comprised high amounts of linoleic acid as well as oleic and palmitic, and contains lecithin, beta carotene, omega 6's, carotenoids, and vitamins A,C,D and E.
Benefits to the skin
1. Is an emollient and draws and keeps moisture in the skin, resulting in hydration.
2. Easily absorbed into the skin and creates a protective barrier and the beta carotene helps with sun damage.
3. The high concentration of Vitamins work to prevent damage, wrinkles and fine lines caused by free radicals.
4. Aids in skins elasticity
5. Is an antioxidant and and anti-inflammatory
6. Balances excess sebum production
Benefits for hair
1. Repairs damage the hair and scalp.
2. Stops hair breakage and promotes growth.
3. Can help calm dandruff and relieve an itchy scalp.
4. Hydrates the hair and helps it hold onto the moisture.
5. Smooths split ends and makes it softer and easier to manage.