Turn Bar Soap Into Liquid Soap
Posted on 20 January 2016
First up is liquid soap. You can use a whole bar or soap or even a collection of those small pesky little pieces.
Liquid Soap Recipe
What you need:
- 1 bar of your favourite soap (just keep in mind that soap with added exfoliants like lavender buds or poppy seeds may not work well as it can clog the pump)
- 6 cups of boiled or distilled water
Yields about 1.5L of soap
1. Grate or cut your soap into small pieces and place in large pot. Pour the water over the soap.
2. Gently heat the water (don’t boil), stirring until all of the soap has dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and let cool from heat and let sit for 24 hours.
4. Whisk mixture to break up. Use funnel to add to clean pumps and store remainder in clean jar with an airtight lid.
5. Use remainder of soap within a few months. There is no preservative in this recipe so keep that in mind. If it smells funky don't use it!
Up next: Shower gel