Feels like summer has FINALLY arrived in Calgary. Do you know what that means?! It's time for gut and skin-loving frozen treats! These puppies are free from dairy, gluten, and refined sugar and packed with probiotics and nutrients.
This recipe combines your favourite fruits, coconut yogurt, and a liquid sweetener like maple syrup.
For my popsicles, I made half of them with sliced peaches and the other half with a mixture of whole and pureed raspberries. Both were equally delicious so choose whatever fruits you're into.
I found the popsicle molds on Amazon. I picked a silicone one with reusable sticks and it was easy to unmold and clean.
- ½ cup of fruit of choice
- 1 cup of coconut greek-style yogurt (found at my local health food store. I tested the recipe with the Riveria brand of regular coconut yogurt and they worked as well - just melted faster)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional but recommended - other substitutions could be honey, agave, etc.)
1. Cut, puree, or create a mixture of the two from whatever fruits you choose.
2. Mix together the yogurt and sweetener, add the fruit, and pop in your molds.
3. Place in the freezer for 12 hours and voila! A healthy, ridiculously easy treat for hot summer days.