Turn Bar Soap Into Shower Gel
Posted on 02 February 2016
If you have extra bars or pieces of our round natural soap lying around, turn it into shower gel quickly and easily. This is something easy to do with the last pieces of soap that are too small to use.
What you need:
- 1 bar of your favourite Lavami natural soap Keep in mind that if you are using a soap with added exfoliants that it may clog pumps/dispensers, so choose container wisely.
- 3-4.5 cups of distilled or boiled water. If you want a thicker gel use less water.
**Save up those tiny pieces of leftover soap that are too hard to use. Once you get 8-10 throw them in a pot and add 1.5-2 cups of distilled or boiled water.
1. Grate or cut your soap into small pieces and place in large pot. Pour the water over the soap. I always cut my soap into small chunks, it takes less time and I find it works the same.
2. Gently heat the water (don’t boil), stirring until all of the soap has dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and let cool from heat and let sit for 12-24 hours.
4. Whisk to break up. Use funnel to add to clean containers and store remainder in clean jar with an airtight lid.
5. Use remainder of soap within a few months.
All of our handmade bars of natural soap are made in Calgary, AB, Canada.
Shaving Cream Soap